Monday, September 28, 2015

Meet the Team




Here at Household Words, we genuinely love what we do. Currently, we are Etsy's second favorite vinyl decal shop!  Ranked #2 in the top 100. This is all thanks to the shop owners, the team with a dream, Mandie & Yancy.  We are forever thankful to our customers.

Our employees are not just a group of people thrown together for business. We have grown into a team, dedicated to designing and crafting items just for you. Here's a closer look at the people who work so hard to make your decorative ideas come alive.



In order of sequence from left to right:
Staci, Alli, Mandie, Alexa, Haley



Here's what our girls have to say about themselves and the company.




Mandie (Company Owner and Designer)

 "I think I was born with a creative passion, I started noticing this in my early elementary years when I began winning design contests for posters and calendars. I took 4 years of art experimenting with various mediums and learning that I loved everything except charcoal. I am driven to create something everyday, crafting, decorating, DIY project, painting or even sketching on a notepad. Since 2007 graphic design has been my most enjoyable designing outlet.

I began my venture of Household Words in early 2008. Realizing I needed to hire on some help with the daily business needs, I brought Alexa on board and she quickly learned how to operate equipment and prep decals for our customers. We began to outgrow our space and expanded it twice in one year before we decided to take our office location to a larger open floor plan building in town. We have since then welcomed several more awesome staff members Haley, Staci and Alli to our team through the years.

I have been married for 21 years to my high school sweetheart. After my husband's Navy tour was complete we settled down back in our home state of Ohio and started our family.
We have 2 beautiful daughters that have quickly grown and are now in their teens. We travel to new places several times a year as a family. I love watching/reading anything renaissance, medieval & historical."




Alexa ( Production Manager Team Leader) 

 "Fresh out of high school, I had the dream of starting my own interior finish/design business, and volunteering a huge chunk of my time to a world-wide ministry work. Instead of construction, I found Household Words. This job has been instrumental in my growth as a person.

I started working for Mandie early on, when the company was still being run out of her country home. It was a cozy atmosphere to learn in. About a year later, we outgrew the little room where the business was started, and moved into town. Hiring more employees along the way, and constantly growing our product line and skill set. It has been a blast. To have an opportunity to grow with a company has been such a blessing.

I am still able to devote loads of time to the ministry work. The rest of my free time goes to being with my family, being outdoors, and supporting my friends.

Haley (Production Crew Member and Quality Control) 

 I have worked with Household Words for a little over a year now.
I am so privileged to have a wonderful job that I love and work with a group of fun amazing ladies. 

I enjoy riding my horses and spending time with my husband and fur-baby, a golden retriever, Copper. I also enjoy thinking of new creative projects to decorate with decals. I am just a small town country girl who likes being outdoors enjoying God's beautiful creations.


Staci (Production Crew Member and Packaging)

My job title is Production Crew Member which consists of weeding decals and packing our products. I love the girls I work with and the laid back environment, plus having weekends off is a bonus!

I'm a huge animal lover. My boyfriend of 11 years and I share a home with our 2 fur-babies. We have a 6 year old German Shepherd named Heinrich and a 7 month old rot/lab mix named Oliver. I am a huge Ohio State Buckeyes fan and I love to do outdoor activities. Kayaking and going to the lake with our pups are two of my favorite things to do."

Alli (Graphic Designer)

 "I enjoy working here because of the relaxed, laid-back, and friendly atmosphere. Working here has become more of something I look forward to rather than any old "job." I love designing and art so much and it's amazing to me that this is what I get to do every day. My coworkers and management are awesome and it helped me to feel at home right away. 

A few things about myself: I love animals more than almost anything in the world; especially my Pug Ruben. I enjoy talking about politics, world issues, and anything that involves the history channel. Along with design, I love drawing and photography. Parks and Recreation is my favorite show in the world. I aspire to travel as much and as far as possible. And flannels are the best things ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment